Another week for 5 Question Friday! Join the fun – click the picture and add your link.
1. Is there a special dish you prepare that you are famous for?
Famous? Probably not. But I do make lasagna on those special occasions.
I bake cookies and brownies – but that occurs on a monthly or weekly basis. Seems the
colder it is outside, the more the oven is on inside.
2. Are you (did you) go Black Friday shopping?
I did go shopping on Black Friday but not before we were good and ready.
My husband took the boys and me to breakfast before heading to the malls. Once we were at the mall, it took about ten minutes for us to find a spot where the vehicles next to the spot weren’t over the lines or parked so close you couldn’t open the doors. We went to a couple of stores, waited in a few lines – but nothing too awful.
I must note how surprised I was with how empty Wal-Mart’s parking lot was when we made it over there. Of course, the store didn’t have what we wanted, but it was one of many my husband was comparing prices at.
Despite the insane images Black Friday conger up, it was a relatively calm shopping experience.
3. What are your strangest holiday traditions?
Strangest? Well, they aren’t strange to me but maybe they seem odd to you.
We have a birthday cake for Jesus and give Him our gifts. Sometimes the kids will draw pictures or they will write something about what He means to us.
We open presents from out-of-state family on Christmas Eve.
We read “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens the week before Christmas. We take turns reading aloud, changing our voices to coincide with the character.
The kids tell us the story of Christ – in their own words, referring to the Bible when one of them tries to correct another. They will also move around the pieces of the Nativity Scene during this re-telling.
4. Pecan or pumpkin pie? (She actually asked “Apple or pumpkin?” I just T-giving’ed it!)
Pass me the pumpkin pie, thanks! Please have plenty of cool whip!
5. When will you put up your Christmas tree?
Ummm…it’s been up since the third week in October. If you read this post here, you will learn all about my craziness.
- Five Question Friday!! #5QF (notyouraveragewhitechick.wordpress.com)
- Five Question Friday! #5QF (notyouraveragewhitechick.wordpress.com)
- Five Question Friday: November 18, 2011 (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- Five Question Friday! (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- 5qf (ellejaysays.wordpress.com)