Ahh..a good old-fashioned corn maze right before sunset.
A couple of weeks ago we took the kids to a corn maze. Due to work schedules, we ended up arriving just as the sun was setting. Talk about a great time to freak out the children.
Don’t worry, we didn’t do anything scary. Just got them a little mixed up.
Armed with flashlights, warm coats, and a map of the maze – you know, to get us more lost – we headed for the paths shaped to be a football player holding a football and an Indianapolis Colts football helmet.
Where was I? Oh yes. My husband and teenage son led us through this adventure of corn stalks. The 9-year-old boy and I followed with the girlie girl and boy friend close behind.
The only lights we saw were glimpses of flashlights from other maze goers and the occasional beam of lights from the barns.
If only we could get back there.
After about an hour of going in what felt like circles, every intersection became like a game of chance. Heads we go left, tails we go right.
Of course, we just came from that way. Didn’t we?
We met several others along the paths. Each believing they were going the correct direction. It was as if we were the only ones wondering which way to go.
- The Corn Maize (thedailydixon.wordpress.com)
- “Flashlight Nights” in Maize Quest’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch Offer a Twist on Fall Entertainment and an Alternative to Horror-Based Attractions. (prweb.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: wonder (andreadreamin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (adventurewriter.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)